Web Submission: Complete the on-line course data entry form. Upon submission
you will be sent an email acknowledgement to your best email address confirming that you have completed
the basic application. This email will include a link that you can use to return to your application to
submit the following Required Supporting Documentation (in .pdf format). If reference letters are required, an email will be sent to all your
listed references asking that they submit a letter of reference in .pdf format supporting your application.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
- Enclose a copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Please arrange for two people who are familiar with your academic and research background and goals to write a letter of reference in support of your application. If English is not your native language please be sure that they include comments on your ability to understand and speak English. Letters must be submitted by January 14, 2015.
- Statement of Goals: Provide a statement of your reasons for wanting to take this course.
- Please respond to each of the following questions:
- What is your highest degree and when did you obtain it?
- If you are a postdoctoral fellow, clinical fellow, or faculty member please tell us if you are currently studying problems in Reproduction. Briefly describe your research project and what experience, if any, you have had with experimental Reproductive, Molecular, Cell or Developmental Biology?
- If you are currently a graduate student tell us when you started graduate school, if you have already passed your comprehensive/qualifying exam or not and when you expect to obtain your Ph.D. Elaborate on your plans to continue to pursue postdoctoral training and a future career in the Reproductive Sciences. Also please describe your research project and what experience, if any, you have had with experimental Reproductive, Molecular, Cell or Developmental Biology?
- Are you a member of SSR? YES or NO
- Are you a member of ASRM? YES or NO
- Please identify any other professional science societies of which you are a member.
- Please indicate that you agree to the following statement. If admitted to FIR, I will attend and fully participate in all aspects of the course. This includes arriving in time for the opening session the day before the course starts, completing 3 sections of course training, and staying through the closing event of the FIR Symposium. This precludes your participation in other scientific meetings, academic commitments, and family social events. Students are permitted to leave only in case of an emergency.
- Please indicate that you agree to the following statement. After completing FIR (if I am admitted), I will keep my contact information current and I will willingly participate in future surveys regarding my career trajectory. We periodically conduct surveys to monitor the success of FIR and our alumni and you will be required to participate in these surveys and to respond to them in a timely manner. This type of analysis is essential to obtain funding for FIR.
Deadline: Completed application forms and required supporting documentation
must be received by January 14, 2015.
You will be notified of the Admissions Committee's decision by early February.
Tuition: TBD; Room & Board:
Additional. Financial assistance is available for participants
in limited amounts, including non-U.S. citizens. Scholarships are awarded on
the basis of need. Candidates wishing to be considered for assistance must
complete the Financial Aid Information Section included in this application.
Scholarship requests are not a factor in admissions decisions.